Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Awareness. Organize then Mobilize.
First stop, I was given a manual and an overview of our deliverable. I was set. I have no formal training in teaching, sometimes I can get confused of my own lesson plans when I was teaching English to Koreans back in Cebu. It is now a different ballgame. I was so excited, I'm about to do something a few health workers would do. But the nurse in me reminds me of the health teachings and patient educations I have done many times. Health class will be a breeze, I can do this.
In a year I need to cover from the of Tungawan to Lakewood. My daily planner looked like this...
The first lecture I had was People with Disability,wait a minute I'm going to share and teach it to community folks some even unable to land in highschool much less college? In which basic knowledge of Anatomy is non existent...Whaaat...but don't get me wrong.
This community health workers are veterans the are way more experienced than I am. They have started way longer that I did. My happiness can't be contained and it shows..helping and sharing is really one of the best things.
One of my lectures in the Island of Olutanga.


No comments:
Post a Comment